Monday's Music Moves Me - Getting 80s Sentimental With The Jets

| Sunday, May 22, 2022 | , , |


Oh it's Monday! And what's exciting is that  the theme  of Monday's Music Moves Me is whatever music moves you with freedom of song choice week This music linky party is hosted by CathyStacy and AlanaSpecial co-host for this week is John of The Sound of One Hand Typing

And because this week has gotten us busy, I just want to slow down and pause for a moment to breathe while listening to my favorite song from the 80s sung by the family singing group,  The Jets. 

"Make It Real" has always been one of my favorites, and still is. It is a song that gives me feel-good memories of summer 1988, which was right after high school graduation. This song gives me the feeling of the carefree life, only having to worry about passing the college entrance exams I took then. It is a song that I associate with chasing those blues away.

This week has been an emotional rollercoaster for our family -my hubby's to be exact,  as we all team up with my in-laws abroad to solve some problems. So far, we are all hopeful and keeping positive that it will all work out. I've been hyper lately about that, haha, yet I always remind myself this Mr. Miyagi quote  


This is also a reminder for me to keep doing EFT and to practice slow breathing. And again, listening to songs from the 80s make my mind shift to better days ahead.  

Happy Monday to everyone!


6 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Good tune. I hope all works out and all the calm returns soon.

Alana said...

Considering how I love 80's music, this group is new to me and I thank you for the introduction. Great voice, classy video. It seems they are again touring after having taken a break for various family type activities. Speaking of family, I hope you are able to help resolve the problems your in laws are experiencing.

songbird's crazy world said...

Good choice!

Cathy Kennedy said...

Music from the 80s does have a calming affect. I find the best way to escape the chaos of life is through music. I hope life settles down on your end with everything coming together as planned and no further hiccups. I'm glad you found the energy to hit the dance floor with Monday's Music Moves Me. Just know this is place for you to escape to anytime you want. ;) Have a boogietastic week, my dear!

DrillerAA said...

Excellent song choice. The vocals, arrangement and lyrics make for a very soothing experience.

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

I remember watching the Jets on Nick will my son. I always liked them.

Newer Post Older Post

Ms. Donyarific provides travel and sight-seeing on a budget, photography, Filipino culture, North Luzon tourism. Ms Donyarific from the Philippines posts about life interest topics, the nearest places to hang out in the province she visits, Dagupan City, Mangaldan, San Fabian, Pangasinan and Baguio City, which she loves most of all!

© Design 1/2 a px. · 2015 · Pattern Template by Simzu · © Content Ms Donyarific