What Are The Islands In The Hundred Islands? (A Throwback Post For Skywatch Friday)


 

Catching up this Saturday (Philippine Time)  for Skywatch Friday... 

It's still summertime so I'd like to inspire people to see the Hundred Islands!! For the moment I'll be featuring a vast assortment of photos I took in 2010 when my cousin and his friends from Hayward, California visited, and we went with them to an unplanned trip to Lucap, Alaminos, Pangasinan. I had a lot of photos during those times, being shutter-happy with our Sony Cybershot Digicam :)













The boat men as we were leaving Governor's Island



Quezon Island in 2010


Took a photo while trekking the stone stairs toward the viewdeck


A peek of the Hundred Islands while reaching the viewdeck
A selfie photo...


... and after a change of shirt. I took this photo with the nipa hut in the background


             (above) At Quezon Island, I took a photo of my hubby while I was on the other side :)






Sign post at Marcos Island, a gentle reminder from Save Our Environment group
"TAKE NOTHING, LEAVE  NOTHING"

This week entry for SIGNS2





That's the Big Brother Island where  Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition 1 was held on it's final week in 2006







Now that's the Bat Island, where bats are taking their beauty rest :-)


I remember during my childhood that only three active islands namely Quezon Island, Children's Island and Governor's Island were open to tourists. In 2010 though, I was elated that there were more islands open for tourists like Marcos Island, Lopez Island and a few I can't remember :-) We just passed by them during the outrigger boat ride. There is also Bat Island which is only open for viewing, so not to wake the bats during their daytime slumber ;)


With our guests from Hayward, California. That's my cousin in the gray baseball hat, the other two guys are his friends.




*** *** ***

Just this 2022, our youngest son went on a day trip to the Hundred Islands with a family/group who visited. It was his first time to go, and we wanted him to see how exciting it is to be there! He said so much has changed, there's another island called Pilgrimage Island where they stayed. There are more exciting activities to do there like riding the banana boat! They also went on a boat ride to see the new ones: Clave Island, Monkey Island, and Old Scout Island (where there is snorkeling activity)



Banana boat ride at the Pilgrimage Island
Another entry for the blog-hop Signs2 


There's my youngest son and my grand daughter in the middle, together with his brother's in-laws


Keychain souvenirs


Refrigerator magnet island souvenirs



This post is linked to this week's 



Join  the blog-hop today if you're an avid skywatcher and nature lover


13 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Very nice photos! I love the water, water views and islands too!

carol l mckenna said...

wow! Gorgeous island and sky shots ~ Cute selfies too ~ Xo

Tom said...

...thanks for taking me along on this wonderful trip. The St. Lawrence River flows between New York State and Canada and there is an area known at the Thousand Islands!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

How beautiful. Looks so tropical and lush, and I like the limestone rock formations!

Amy said...

I've been wanting to visit ever since I found out my mother's grandfather was from Manilla. The water in the top photo looks so clear.

Ms Donyarific said...

That's amazing, Amy, that you have an ancestor from Manila! Has your family visited the Philippines before? Oh I think you should, there are lots to see and the people are so hospitable and welcoming. I get that extraordinary treatment often, when people think I'm a tourist :-) I'm actually half- German, half-Filipino and I've been here in the country since I was a toddler. I've been in love with the Philippines since then. So much to see in this country, I wish I had all the means to go places. One of the top places to visit are the Hundred Islands in Lucap, Alaminos, Pangasinan

Ms Donyarific said...

Thanks for noticing the limestone rock formations, so that's what they are and I now realize how they were formed since our last visit many years ago. I agree, Hundred Islands is a remarkable place to visit. It is one of the Seven Natural Wonders of The Philippines, a must-see :)

Ms Donyarific said...

Thanks for sharing about the Thousand Islands, Tom! I just googled it now and found out it is a marvelous well-developed place to see... I wish our government can do the same to the islands all over the Philippines

Ms Donyarific said...

Thanks for visiting by! Glad you like the assortment of photos of the Hundred Islands from 2010 and this 2022. It is a relaxing summer getaway.

Ms. Donyarific said...

Thanks for visiting back, Carol, and for the comment. I agree it is quite so gorgeous to see. Thanks for appreciating my selfies :-) the place gave me inspiration to capture the moment while I was trekking toward the viewdeck, which I recall was more than a hundred steps. I was only able to manage halfway and take a quick capture of the few islands nearby.

Light and Voices said...

I enjoyed the cyber tour of 100 islands and loved seeing the family photos.

Ms. Donyarific said...

Thank you for enjoying the sights with us, Joyce! :) And thanks for the visit back. Cheers!

Sami said...

Lovely photos from your trip. The refrigerator magnets are very cute.

Newer Post Older Post

Ms. Donyarific provides travel and sight-seeing on a budget, photography, Filipino culture, North Luzon tourism. Ms Donyarific from the Philippines posts about life interest topics, the nearest places to hang out in the province she visits, Dagupan City, Mangaldan, San Fabian, Pangasinan and Baguio City, which she loves most of all!

© Design 1/2 a px. · 2015 · Pattern Template by Simzu · © Content Ms Donyarific