Lingayen Veteran's Memorial Park On A Breezy Day


 


This is my entry for this week's (not-so) Wordless Wednesday and Skywatch Friday  :)


This was a great day going out for me just as a tag-along; while my hubby attended to necessary errands at the government offices at Lingayen- the capital of our province of Pangasinan.

So there I was simply taking photos whilst waiting...

El Puerto Marina Beach Resort and Vacation Club, Lingayen, Philippines


 




V

And as the waiting stretched to another hour... look where I still got to go.. the Lingayen Veteran's Memorial Park! Finding it took me much surprise not only because I found something better to do, but also I gained a glimpse of history during the wartime.

















And here below, a photo from our hometown, Mangaldan during wartime..


The caption reads: In Mangaldan, a coastal town east of Dagupan, Americans built an airfield complex used by fighters,bombers and air sea rescue units. While in Binmaley, the Army landed at Yellow beach and established the initial beach head in that area.
Had to take this photo as a   Mangaldanian 😊











My hubby and me by the old tanks and warplane display area.

Despite a very busy day, I felt really glad to visit and experience the peace amd quiet as I seem to momentarily travel back in time looking at the maps, old photos, World War 2 newspaper articles, soldier's helmet, and other historical artifacts from the wartime.


16 comments:

Cathy Kennedy said...

Ms Donyarific,

First thanks for stopping by my humble blog niche yesterday for a visit and for joining my Wild Wednesdays linky party, my dear. I enjoyed your photo entries capturing memorials and articles about your homeland's place in the WWII. I love visiting historical sites to capture a brief glimpse into the past and to learn of the many sacrifices to preserving freedom. We should never forget those who paid the ultimate price for the liberties we enjoy today nor should we ever let anyone take this away from us. It looks like you had a lovely day to enjoy such a nice walk. Have a wonderful week!

Curious as a Cathy

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

It was a beautiful day to explore the history of the war. Always a nice way to spend your time.

Keith's Ramblings said...

I'm sure there's a lot to be learned from a visit there.

Sandee said...

I would love to visit here. A wonderful place to remember all those that served and those that are serving. Beautiful.

Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous day. ♥

Emille (Jeshstgermain) said...

Sometimes it is good to visit the past ow good we have it now! Thanks for visiting my blog - always welcome:)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog. It was interesting to see this very detailed exhibit on WWII and the nice way it was displayed in a park area. We should ever forget the sacrifice so many made for freedom.

Brian's Home Blog said...

That really does look like a most beautiful memorial, thanks for showing us.

Lydia C. Lee said...

Interesting place. #WildWednesdays

Light and Voices said...

Greetings and Salutations! Glad you enjoyed your time walking and discovering things to see and do and learn about the war. It really is a beautiful memorial.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Your time waiting was very productive! Looks like an interesting memorial. Thanks for taking us along!

Tom said...

...I hate waiting, but I love to take pictures!

csuhpat1 said...

Wow, what beautiful pics while you were waiting and what a historic place.

Lydia C. Lee said...

Back for #SharonsSouvenirs

Ms Donyarific said...

yes indeed, it was and much than I expected it to be! It's a great place and I would truly recommend to visitors going to the Capitol of Lingayen to pass through this place because it is educational and the ambience is calming!

Ms Donyarific said...

I agree 100% that is why a camera is always handy wherever I go in anticipation of any interesting thing or 'instagrammable" to shoot ;)

Ms Donyarific said...

thank you for visiting back :) it is a great place to recommend for educational purposes as well

Newer Post Older Post

Ms. Donyarific provides travel and sight-seeing on a budget, photography, Filipino culture, North Luzon tourism. Ms Donyarific from the Philippines posts about life interest topics, the nearest places to hang out in the province she visits, Dagupan City, Mangaldan, San Fabian, Pangasinan and Baguio City, which she loves most of all!

© Design 1/2 a px. · 2015 · Pattern Template by Simzu · © Content Ms Donyarific