Monday's Music Moves Me - Cars, Racing And.. Road Trip Songs


This week's theme of  Music Moves Me hosted by Marie from XmasDolly is  about cars and racing, because of the Indy 500 etc. Her co-hosts are: Stacy from Stacy Uncorked, Cathy from Curious as a Cathy, and Alana from Ramblin' with AM. Special co-host for this week is John of The Sound of One Hand Typing

The first song I thought of was Menudo's Indianapolis which I used to listen from Menudo's 1984 Album "Reachin' Out". For the info of all, I was one of those avid fans of Menudo, the so-called boyband of the 80's. I used to play the Reachin' Out cassette tape every single day, for about a year I guess, so it is that deeply ingrained in my mind as are their other songs. Here below is their Spanish version. You will find the English Version here


Here's another song I'm thinking of (after I've matured and moved on to other songs )  is my hubby's favorite Ventura Highway by America. It's a great song to add to a playlist when travelling, when you're in the car. Yet it's also a great song to sing aloud when you're passing through towns, just like we did today during our road trip on a motorcycle!






Join us on Monday's Music Moves Me this week and the next weeks. Please check out the site for the prompts :)




Meanwhile, I'd like to share a few photos of our "road trip" to break in our son's new motorbike. Hubby and I travelled around from our town to Dagupan City, going to Calasiao, then on to Sta. Barbara and back on the first day. We only reached 120.0 on the odometer.  This day, though, we travelled the long way from our town to San Jacinto, Manaoag, Urdaneta, Mapandan and back.
Exhilarating ride!










8 comments:

Cathy Kennedy said...

When DH was a teenager he had a dirt bike. He took me for a ride once on it. Although I enjoyed it somewhat, it really wasn't the thrill for me. I just enjoyed the company I was keeping. :) It's great having you on the 4M dance floor. America is a great oldies band. "Ventura Highway" has such a carefree vibe - great pick! Have a boogietastic week!

csuhpat1 said...

Very nice. Great songs and looks like a wonderful ride

Alana said...

I've heard of Menudo but never knowingly heard one of their songs. I listened to half of the song in Spanish and then switched to English. Ventura Highway makes me want to go back to my college years (when it was a hit). It would be such good music for a road trip like the one you showed us.

songbird's crazy world said...

Ice song choices

Ms Donyarific said...

Glad to join 4M this week, thanks for having me! And oh, I feel so much the same as how you feel about motorcycles! I am quite so scared of them that as much as possible I refuse to ride in one. I haven't ridden a motorcycle in more than 5 years, but then my husband was gifted a second-hand motorcycle last year. Now I have gotten the hang of it and have somehow let my fears go away :) Have a great week too!!

Ms Donyarific said...

Hi Patrick, yes the rides are great... we've been going on longer trips now to get the odometer to read 500-2000. Honestly, I don't know what that means still, though I'm learning. Thanks for the visit, and glad you liked the songs I shared for 4M :)

Ms Donyarific said...

Thanks for the lovely visit, glad you liked the songs :) Have a great week!

Ms Donyarific said...

Menudo was popular during the 80s to young teenagers, especially those from the Latin America countries. Their song "Like A Cannonball" was part of the soundtrack of the hit movie Cannonball Run. They have other songs equally known like "If You're Not Here (By My Side)" and oh yes, that's the singing group where Ricky Martin became famous. haha.. I used to be a very avid fan in my teens. I hope to get the time to blog about it :)
Ventura Highway is also a song I associate with my college years in Baguio City. I think America's songs - and other country music - are considered an all-year-round favorite in the Baguio radio stations, until this time. Hope you enjoy the rest of the week! Cheers!

Newer Post Older Post

Ms. Donyarific provides travel and sight-seeing on a budget, photography, Filipino culture, North Luzon tourism. Ms Donyarific from the Philippines posts about life interest topics, the nearest places to hang out in the province she visits, Dagupan City, Mangaldan, San Fabian, Pangasinan and Baguio City, which she loves most of all!

© Design 1/2 a px. · 2015 · Pattern Template by Simzu · © Content Ms Donyarific