Sepia Saturday #619 - This Week's Theme : Chairs


It's time to join the Sepia Saturday blog-hop and meet fellow bloggers who love to post historical photos, genealogy and more


That's a photo of me sitting in a braided rattan chair at the patio of my Uncle and Auntie's house. This was taken in December 1973 during my family's balikbayan visit to the Philippines. I have fond memories of this place in our barangay in Pangasinan as our family was always warmly welcomed and it was also this time of the year that Balikbayans were regarded as honored guests in town.

 


Still an old photo of me with my grandfather, sitting on a narra chair, which they often used in barangay meetings or in receiving guests. (Not sure if this was taken in 1974 or earlier, I will need to update this when I know.) My Uncle (husband of my mother's sister) was the barangay captain that time. This photo was taken in the same place as the first one above.



A photo of me and my mother in 1976 around Christmas. This photo was taken in Makati, Philippines. The rattan chair is from a remarkable lounge set, which I think was top-of-the-line during that time. 


Here above is a photo of my elder cousin in 1965.  My guess is she was 4 years old at that time. The chair they had then was for young children during playtime, and also during teaching lessons of 'katon' or reading phonics, where other children would also join in for informal lessons.


I'm joining this week's
with this blog post. Sepia Saturday is a great place to share historical photographs or genealogy-related topics and more.. inviting everyone to join and share photos!

rattan products in the philippines for sale
philippine rattan products
rattan philippines furniture
philippines rattan furniture suppliers
rattan furniture philippines for sale
rattan from the philippines
philippines rattan furniture
philippines rattan furniture manufacturers
rattan furniture in philippines
rattan manufacturer philippines
m and m philippine mart
rattan raw material philippines price
rattan products in the philippines for sale vis shopee
rattan philippines furniture
philippine rattan products
rattan products philippines
rattan export philippines
filipino rattan furniture
philippines rattan furniture manufacturers
rattan in philippines
rattan products in the philippines
philippines rattan bag
philippines rattan
philippines rattan furniture
rattan products
where to buy rattan furniture in philippines
rattan product
shopee rattan chair
how much is rattan in the philippines
rattan from the philippines

15 comments:

Monica T. said...

Chairs really are more important in our lives than we usually stop to think about, aren't they!

Mike Brubaker said...

Lovely photos and welcome to Sepia Saturday. It's interesting how family chairs are cherished because of the memories we have of the people who sat in them. In my home I have two old upholstered chairs of my grandparents that always remind me of them.

NatureFootstep said...

wow, is this challenge still running?? Remember joining it LOOOONG ago. I have not seen it for many years. :) COOL!

La Nightingail said...

Welcome, welcome, welcome to the Sepia Saturday family!! So happy to have you join us. And your photos fit in perfectly with the prompt. I especially enjoyed the photo of you with your mother. Lovely! :)

Anonymous said...

We are still here! Join us!

Anonymous said...

I echo the welcome! These are lovely family photos that incorporate chairs and memories. I learned some new vocabulary today - one of the perks of participating in Sepia Saturday.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Those are cool photos, looking back is always lots of fun!

Ms Donyarific said...

Oh yes it is! :) Join us, indeed!

Ms Donyarific said...

Thanks for the warm welcome!! :) Glad to return and join the photo challenge. I find it as an exciting thing to do and finding out in the end that I learned something new. Cheers!

Ms Donyarific said...

Thanks! It's great to reminisce through old photographs. It's something that makes me feel better thinking of folks and friends. I'm glad to share them also thru Sepia Saturday weekly photo challenge where we can share our history through photographs. Hope you can join too!

Ms Donyarific said...

Thanks for the welcome :) I agree with you, we learn something new by joining Sepia Saturday challenge. It feels revitalizing to be a part of it!

Ms Donyarific said...

Hi Monica, thanks for saying so and I agree!
Chairs that we've had in our homes give us fond memories of significant people in our lives too.
Thanks for stopping by!

Ms Donyarific said...

Thanks for the dropping by, Mike! My thoughts exactly, and that's great you still have your grandparents' upholstered chairs with you. And just like you I still have a few ones left by my grandpa.

Molly's Canopy said...

Welcome to Sepia Saturday! I hope you will become a regular participant. This is an excellent selection of chairs. My personal favorite is the pair of rattan chairs in the first photo.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Wonderful memories in your beautiful photos. I enjoyed seeing them and the chair is so detailed. W O W !

Newer Post Older Post

Ms. Donyarific provides travel and sight-seeing on a budget, photography, Filipino culture, North Luzon tourism. Ms Donyarific from the Philippines posts about life interest topics, the nearest places to hang out in the province she visits, Dagupan City, Mangaldan, San Fabian, Pangasinan and Baguio City, which she loves most of all!

© Design 1/2 a px. · 2015 · Pattern Template by Simzu · © Content Ms Donyarific