Trees And Mini-Gardens At The School Yard

| Thursday, September 22, 2022 | , , , , , |

 



After two school years without face-to-face classes, schools are now open in our town and are once again filled with students. My grand daughter has entered Nursery class this school year, and has been doing so well too. I've been assisting her lately during her online class at home, and I wondered how she is in their face-to-face classes so I went to drop by.


I was excited to see her, and was glad as well that parents and guardians are allowed to wait at the covered court for their children the whole time, until the children can brave it on their own. I think it is necessary for the first few months to be there, especially for those young ones still with school anxiety. So far, Rain has been okay with her classmates and teachers, and has been coping well.















I stayed with her mom that morning at the waiting area near the canteen while we waited for her.

  The covered court (waiting area) 

So much has changed from the pandemic, there are a lot of rules to follow - which is great and assuring! I like this private school, which is one of the best in our town. A plus is that it is near our current residence, just a minute ride away from the school.

           (above) The school cafeteria

I am awed by the orderliness of the school and the facilities. The classrooms are also air-conditioned. The principal and the staff are sure doing a great job of managing the place.  I took photos while I was there during the recess, as I looked around. 

Took a shot of the school map, which I am featuring for Signs2. 


An extension of the school cafeteria for visitors 


Then this tree in the middle of the school yard where a garden was developed caught my attention, with all its assorted plants.

 As I was taking photos, a teacher asked me if I'm also a plantita, then he showed me around. He told me that he planted and tended all those plants there by the tree, during the lockdown in 2020-2021. I was awed by the assorted plants they had, as they looked new to me and pleasing to the eyes. 


A specie of the bougainvilla plant





                      Gardening Secrets For A Lush Garden ebook


6 comments:

Jim said...

Interesting post.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I am glad your granddaughter is doing well in school. That will help her learn more.
The school is beautiful. I love all the outdoor spaces.

Light and Voices said...

I am glad that they have the waiting area until the little ones are adjusted to teacher, students and changes.

Photo Cache said...

Granddaughter looks like she got your pretty genes.

Worth a Thousand Words

Spare Parts and Pics said...

So glad to hear the kids are back in school. That's so important!

Amy said...

awww she's so cute. It's good your town is getting back to normal, I think its time we all do that.

Newer Post Older Post

Ms. Donyarific provides travel and sight-seeing on a budget, photography, Filipino culture, North Luzon tourism. Ms Donyarific from the Philippines posts about life interest topics, the nearest places to hang out in the province she visits, Dagupan City, Mangaldan, San Fabian, Pangasinan and Baguio City, which she loves most of all!

© Design 1/2 a px. · 2015 · Pattern Template by Simzu · © Content Ms Donyarific