September 26 2022 Local Philippine News Super Typhoon Karding


 

As early as September 24, we were gradually getting prepared for the typhoon. Getting emergency news alerts from our mobile phones was enough warning already to get me concerned. I wondered how strong this typhoon would be. And based from our past experience, Signal number 2 already means prepare for strong winds and heavy rain, and always pray.

The next day - Sunday, after attending church service, we checked on our sons at our old house. My hubby reminded the three young men what to do in case the winds are strong. All I did was secure our documents, books and photo albums - and other things valuable - in a good place away from the windows. As I always say, "these things are so valuable to me."

That afternoon and towards the evening, we waited for news from my son in Baguio City and our other 3 sons at our old house. To be honest, I think I was nervous thinking of the storm's strength from its label as Super Typhoon Karding. I just spent quiet time in the bedroom while waiting for alert, and watching updates uploaded on TikTok videos from where the eye of the storm is at that hour in Polillo Island and Burdeos, Quezon.  Then there was great news that the storm weakened due to the Sierra Madre mountain range that once again protected the Philippines from the impact.

Around 12 midnight,  I woke up to hear the strong wind outside and the rustling of the trees. It was not yet as strong as I feared, so I went to bed. I woke up every hour or so, listening for our pets, yet thankfully all was well.   Waking up this morning at 5am, the cloudy sky and the swaying of the trees greeted me. It seems the typhoon was not so bad here in our town. Thank God always!



Asking for prayers for our countrymen especially those who were greatly affected in Bulacan, Nueva Ecija, Pampanga and other flooded areas in Manila





I am standing with the groups that are lobbying to save the Sierra Madre mountain range against the construction of the Kaliwa dam.

Newer Post Older Post

Ms. Donyarific provides travel and sight-seeing on a budget, photography, Filipino culture, North Luzon tourism. Ms Donyarific from the Philippines posts about life interest topics, the nearest places to hang out in the province she visits, Dagupan City, Mangaldan, San Fabian, Pangasinan and Baguio City, which she loves most of all!

© Design 1/2 a px. · 2015 · Pattern Template by Simzu · © Content Ms Donyarific